Background

Friday, January 13, 2012

Playing With Tim

I wanted to share something with all of you.  I have a crush.  I have had a crush for a couple years now, and it is only getting worse as time goes on.  I have discovered Tim Holtz.  He is so talented and artistic it blows me away!  So...I have an artistic crush.  He has sort of become my muse, I suppose.  I wanted to share a card I made with his products for my nephew.  He turned 18!!!!  That is just so hard to swallow!  How in the world did that happen?!  I'm NOT getting old(er), am I?!  Ugh!  Anyways...this card makes me smile, so I thought I would share it with all of you.  I am still trying to figure out how to take good, representative pictures, so I'm sorry, but I only have one photo to share.  The rest are...well, let's just say I won't be posting them.  :o)
For this card, I embossed the cardstock with a timepiece embossing folder, distressed the edges with a brown ink, then swiped black across the surface.  The white border strip is a kraft border from CTMH that I painted with crackle paint.  The man with the umbrella is a die cut.  I covered a sheet of grunge paper with sticky backed canvas for him, then inked him up and stamped on him.  The 'TIME' piece with wings are two different metal accents that I painted and stuck together with liquid glass.  I also painted a metal photo corner and placed that on the 'Time Flies' piece, which, by the way, WAS a transparency!  I used alcohol inks to give it color.  :o)  I really love this card.  I think it's masculine enough for a boy...gulp...I mean man.  Isn't there a pause button on kids somewhere?!

Anyways...that's it for today.  I hope you enjoyed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment