Background

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Yo-Yo Flowers Blog Hop

Welcome to our Technique Blog Hop!  This month we are highlighting the "Yo-Yo Flowers" Technique as shown on page 27 in the Spring/Summer 2012 Idea Book!  This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating this technique. Let's get started!!!

If you are coming from Kimberly's Blog, you are on the right track!  

Just so you know, I am a no sew sort of gal, so I chose to use hot glue on the backs of my flowers rather than sewing them together to get them to stay.  Yes, I am a cheater!  :o)  I just squirt the hot glue onto a non stick mat, and squash the flower into it, hold it there for a second, and presto pesto!!!!  It stays!  Cool, huh?
Of course I couldn't just do regular old yo-yo flowers, could I?  I thought to myself, what if I just wanted half a circle?  I used a 1 x 6" strip instead of a 1 x 12" strip, scored it at every 1/4" and accordion folded it.  Check it out!  What do you think?
 I used it to create an apron for the dress form stamp!  I really like it, though I like everything I have done and seen with the Stella paper!
 Did you know that you can add ribbon to the edge of your scored flower?  It was easiest for me to score and fold the flower first.  Then, I added red line tape all along the edge and attached the ribbon.  I re-folded and hot glued it!  To hide the center, I cut a paper flower in half and added a cute little opaque in the center.


I hope you enjoyed it and got some different ideas with using this technique!  Now, you can hop on over to Erin's blog to see something else!  :o)


Happy Crafting!

7 comments:

  1. Cherri, is it just me and my twisted mind, or is that dress form "excited" or something? LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too stinkin' cute!!! Love the use of this technique on something other than the traditional flower!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to use your yo-yo as a skirt! What a great out-of-the-box idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. "sew" very cute!! I love your idea
    I am a follower, please hop over and visit my blog sometime:
    grammiejudys.blogspot.com

    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete