Background

Saturday, October 1, 2011

October Mini Blog Hop

Welcome to our Stamp of the Month Blog Hop highlighting this month's stamp set, Holiday Magic.  We are thrilled to showcase some fun uses for this gorgeous stamp set!

This hop is one big circle so feel free to start here and move through the entire loop.  You can also find a complete listing of all 13 participants by visiting Melissa's blog. If you have arrived here from Tawnya's blog, you are on the right track!  So... let's get started!


Here is the card I created.  I used the Believe paper from Close To My Heart.


For the background, I used an ink resist technique.  I stamped the snowflakes with clear embossing ink, then embossed them with clear embossing powder.  I sponged over with Sky ink, and edge distressed with Desert Sand ink.  I stamped the sleigh in black ink and Holiday Red ink, cut it out, and popped it up with 3-D foam tape.





For the flower, I took a 1x9 inch paper, and accordion folded it, and made a little flower.  I cut the shape out with the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.  The little snowflakes are second generation stamped with Sky ink. 



Here is my supply list:
  • Believe Paper Pack (X7145B)
  • Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge (Z1686)
  • Desert Sand Ink (Z2118)
  • Black Ink (Z2105)
  • Holiday Red Ink (Z2127)
  • Sky Ink (Z2194)
  • Designer Ribbon Red Collection (Z1615)
  • Designer Ribbon Green Collection (Z1616)
  • Pearl Opaques Adhesive Gems (Z1336)
  • Holiday Magic Stamp Set (S1110)

Thank you for taking the time to stop by.  I would appreciate a comment or two, if you so feel led.  Now hop on over to Tonya's blog where you will find another inspirational use of this stamp set!

Happy hoppin'!

1 comment: